HI from sunny North Wales

Sputnik

Hi all, my name is Bill Smuts and currently own a Soviet GAZ 69 dated 1956 which I have restored. It was supposedly used by the Polish Coastal Command before being sold off into the civilian market sometime in the 1990's. It was brought over from Poland in 2009 and I purchased it in 2010 and have been working on it since bringing it back to the Soviet spec of the 1960's as closely as possible. I have an in interest in all things military, collecting militaria of WWI and of the South African army from WWI to post WWII. Cheers

Hi Bill, welcome to the forum. I started out with a Gaz 69, known affectionately as the jeepski to my family:).

A fine vehicle that used to turn heads as it is not an everyday sight.

I am now onto an ex gov land rover.

*EDIT* Forgot to say photo's of the rebuild are compulsory!:D

Hi all, my name is Bill Smuts and currently own a Soviet GAZ 69 dated 1956 which I have restored. It was supposedly used by the Polish Coastal Command before being sold off into the civilian market sometime in the 1990's. It was brought over from Poland in 2009 and I purchased it in 2010 and have been working on it since bringing it back to the Soviet spec of the 1960's as closely as possible. I have an in interest in all things military, collecting militaria of WWI and of the South African army from WWI to post WWII. Cheers

Hi Bill

Welcome to the forum, not sure how many from the club are on this site?

Regards Tony