M38A1 Nekaf

daryldiane

Hi, From NW London,

Have been looking at the forum for a month or two.

I have had a Willys Nekaf M38A1 1956 for a number of years, been to Brooklands Military show and Dunsfold Wings and Wheels, but mainly use it for local trips when the weather is reasonable.

Find its fine in town, acceleration is OK for modern traffic conditions. long journeys are a bit of a problem due to a max comfortable speed of 45MPH.

I've seen another M38a1 bombing down the A41 near COSTCO when in my ordinary car, wonder if the owner would get in contact to compare notes.

• 2 months later...
Hi welcome aboard,

when you said "acceleration is OK for modern traffic conditions" was that inside our outside London - lol

Cheers,

Julian

hi All,

For some reason I've never checked for replies. interesting to know there are a few around.

i mainly drive in London where i have no problem in keeping up with traffic. The top speed is treally the limiting factor,doesn't feel comfortable over 60 KPH.

Haven't had it out much the last couple of weeks, not much fun in the rain.

Hi and welcome

Ive got an m38a1nekaf too

As far asi know mine is a sgandard engine and happily will sit a 65mph!! Tho i rarely do this!

Will tip 72 with wind behind me

Likewise i find the acceleration good round town

Currently inthe process of removing the dutch undersel which is a water trap and sorting the bits of rust

Pm me if i can help at all