I could not resist.

After many years of collecting trucks I always wanted a tatra 813, so in desperation when a wreck came up for sale i went for it...not good engine fooked, bodywork not great and it had been well abused...will need a lot of work, then in quick succession over the past few weeks four good ish ones have appeared...

I therefore had no choice but to buy the best one of the bunch...

CzechTatra813AM50forsale5.jpg

I now have two, the scond one will get a new engine and will be restored over the next few weeks. However the pressure is off...so will take my time...this truck will be used as another haulage truck so wont be ragged about...the other one will also be used as a haulage truck but will do a bit of off roading...

After many years of collecting trucks I always wanted a tatra 813, so in desperation when a wreck came up for sale i went for it...not good engine fooked, bodywork not great and it had been well abused...will need a lot of work, then in quick succession over the past few weeks four good ish ones have appeared...

I therefore had no choice but to buy the best one of the bunch...

CzechTatra813AM50forsale5.jpg

I now have two, the scond one will get a new engine and will be restored over the next few weeks. However the pressure is off...so will take my time...this truck will be used as another haulage truck so wont be ragged about...the other one will also be used as a haulage truck but will do a bit of off roading...

Hi Paulo, I envy you! You collect MV's like some collect stamps! Great going!

well we went to drive her home but no luck. after a fair bit of fine fettling she was running well but she had three drive shaft gaitors damaged. I think they are more used to stoip dirt getting in than holding oil but with three gone and the prospect of bad weather I felt it too much of a risk to bring her home...so she is coming by haulage company...

I have full recovery break down cover so not the biggest issue, was more concerned with breaking it without it being fully oiled properly...Duncan had not checked anything during his ownership so it really needed a good going over something we were not really in a position to do..