Howdy form SE London

303monkey

Hello there

I'm not sure whether I introduced myself when I joined last July, so I case I didn't here goes it.

I've had an interest in Military vehicles since the early 90's

I've had my Morris Commercial MRA1 since 1996. It's been an ongoing project since then with it parked up doing now't for 99.9% of that time.

I'm back on the case again. There are a few things I need to do though. I have a Leyland 6/98 fitted to the original crash gearbox though I'm considering fitting the 5 speed Turner Spicer gearbox and maybe fitting different Diff's to both front and rear axles.

hi welcome to the forum you will get a lot of advice here.

quick question why you thinking of fitting different diffs??

Standard box and diffs will give more speed than brakes can cope with even with diesel fitted

Edited by cosrec

• 2 weeks later...
hi welcome to the forum you will get a lot of advice here.

quick question why you thinking of fitting different diffs??

Standard box and diffs will give more speed than brakes can cope with even with diesel fitted

Hi there,

The reason I asked the question with regards to changing the diff' was that I was thinking of putting the Turner Spicer 5 speed gearbox in.

Hello there

I'm not sure whether I introduced myself when I joined last July, so I case I didn't here goes it.

I've had an interest in Military vehicles since the early 90's

I've had my Morris Commercial MRA1 since 1996. It's been an ongoing project since then with it parked up doing now't for 99.9% of that time.

I'm back on the case again. There are a few things I need to do though. I have a Leyland 6/98 fitted to the original crash gearbox though I'm considering fitting the 5 speed Turner Spicer gearbox and maybe fitting different Diff's to both front and rear axles.

Hi

Is that Brian?

Am pulling a perkins 6354 out of a dodge to go in a morris MRA1. It has a 4 speed box and I am looking for a spare morris box....

Perhaps we could exchange?

Cheers Reuben