FWD su-coe at Budge`s?

trevor pitman

I hope someone on here may remember this vehicle. Working on the principle of a 1989 sierra estate in this picture, im saying this was taken late 89 onwards!!!! The markings of red/blue square with a dove in hand suggest HQ Royal Artillery markings, but I can not find dove in hand in any reference to suggest which unit. The other marking on the front also is a blank to me.

I am informed the photo was taken at Budge`s yard. A friend owns the chassis, appears now to be fitted with a AEC diesel engine

budge.jpg

Edited by trevor pitman

• 2 weeks later...
Anyone with an ideal? Even just to confirm the fencing looks like it may be Budges yard!!

I'm fairly sure you are correct, it's the second Budge yard (on the old Gamston airfield, backing onto the A1), it's now called 'Retford Airport' these days.

I saw the FWD there when they (Budges) had an open day in conjunction with a model show, the highlight was Bob Fleming running his Stug III around the yard, I'm guessing the date is about right. I remember the yard was fully of Stalwarts, as Budge had a plan to convert these to diesel operation, so had bought a stock of Stalwarts. Budge were also touting a diesel conversion for M151s at the time too.

I might have some photos somewhere, though probably in film so will need scanning...

Hope this helps.

jh

[ATTACH=CONFIG]54987[/ATTACH]

I hope someone on here may remember this vehicle. Working on the principle of a 1989 sierra estate in this picture, im saying this was taken late 89 onwards!!!! The markings of red/blue square with a dove in hand suggest HQ Royal Artillery markings, but I can not find dove in hand in any reference to suggest which unit. The other marking on the front also is a blank to me.

I am informed the photo was taken at Budge`s yard. A friend owns the chassis, appears now to be fitted with a AEC diesel engine

The dove in hand is the formation sign for the 92nd. AGRA (TA) I will look up the sign on the offside and let you know what it is, John.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...