Sad - or worrying - ad on MilWeb

ArtistsRifles

Saw this on MilWeb today:

Alvis Saracen Mk1 apc

Road registered, ready to show, taxed 85% ces present owner has owned for nine years, wife forces sale £4,800 ovno

:shake: :shake: :shake:

Hope it doesn't start setting a precedent given my other halfs views on things big and green!!!!

what he put:

Alvis Saracen Mk1 apc

Road registered, ready to show, taxed 85% ces present owner has owned for nine years, wife forces sale £4,800 ovno

What he thought:

Wife Mk1 W.I.

Marriage registered, ready to show, taxing 85% of the time, present owner has endured for nine long years, Alvis Saracen forces sale £4,800 oh no

Wife for sale, 1 careful owner, low mileage for year, regularly serviced, looking a bit tired, a bit stiff in the mornings & difficult to get going but probably just needs the nipples greasing, there's also a blow in the exhaust, Free to collector. :naughty:

Dear Auntie HMVF,

I am just at the end of my tether. First my Saracen resolutely refused to start. Then my wife told me she was leaving and taking the kids, not only that she is making claims on my house and savings that will leave me destitute. I've ben so down that I've taken to drinking and my job is now in peril because I'm so seldom sober... Please help or I'm off to the canal.

Sad Sarrycan Owner.

Dear Sad Sarrycan Owner,

I'm so sorry to hear about all your troubles dearie, but these things happen, don't they?

Make yourself a good strong cup of tea, sit down and think about all the things you DO have, friends, health, freedom... Then you want to take a lump hammer and ping the starter motor one... Always dodgy on the B series... I take it the fuel lines are clear?, checked you plugs for fouling? what about the.....

And so on.

Auntie HMVF