Hi From Chicago USA

Warwheels

Hi Gents.

I'd like to introduce myself, I'm Patrick Keenan from Aurora, IL USA; a suburb of Chicago. I was introduced to this website by good mate Clive Elliott and so far I like what I see.

Although I don't have any real MV's in my possession, I do a lot of hobby modeling and quite like MV's. Also, I am the Editor and Webmaster of WarWheels.Net, a website dedicated to armored cars and wheeled fighting vehicles as well being as Clive's webmaster of The Shorland Site.

I look forward to "hanging out here" and participating.

Hi Gents.

I'd like to introduce myself, I'm Patrick Keenan from Aurora, IL USA; a suburb of Chicago. I was introduced to this website by good mate Clive Elliott and so far I like what I see.

Although I don't have any real MV's in my possession, I do a lot of hobby modeling and quite like MV's. Also, I am the Editor and Webmaster of WarWheels.Net, a website dedicated to armored cars and wheeled fighting vehicles as well being as Clive's webmaster of The Shorland Site.

I look forward to "hanging out here" and participating.

Welcome Patrick, you had a very good start with Clive!

Thanks for the warm welcome gentlemen. And, the term 'warm' DOES apply to the weather here in Chicago at the moment. We've had unseasonably nice weather up through today, so I'm not complaining... Of course, now that I've said something like that I've doomed us to horrible winter weather the rest of this season. :shocked:

Welcome Pat and about time too:D

For anyone who has not visited Pat's site it is well worth doing so.

http://www.warwheels.net/index.html

Whether one is a modeller or not there are lot of good photos on there & info categorised by vehicle type, so searching is easy & a delight.

The interesting thing is that many vehicles are represented not just by a front shot, but there are many views from differing angles. When I am at a show I can usually spot a modeller as they will take many shots, ask questions & write the answer down in a note book. If that sounds flippant it is not meant to be, I have reason to be grateful to a modeller who did just that in 1969 when my Pig was in service. A modellers keen sense of detail has been of enormous help to me.

Speaking as non-modeller its strike me the military modelling world is obsessed with tanks, what a breath of fresh air to find a site where people are interested in modelling trucks & wheeled AFVs :D

(Pat I would have spotted you earlier, but as I have now mended the boiler I'm working on some mini articles for TSS.)