Hi from the Highlands

Greetings from Inverness, Scottish Highlands.

Just joined up after 'accidentally' buying my first military vehicle - a 1953 Austin K9.

Usual story - sounded interesting, easy project.... now sat in garden :-D

I know little of its history other than it was restored 10 - 20 years ago and then laid up in dry store. As such everything works but it now has that nice patina. I wont be cleaning it.

The wireless box was rotten so Iv replaced it with a hardwood flatbed which is a bit more useful - other than that it needs wipers (source anyone?), mirrors fitting, a set of tyres and a registration number.

Should be on the road in the next week or two :o)

Cheers

PS If anyone has a pair or a set of part worn 9.00 x 20 bargrips going spare, Id be interested in buying them.

Thanks for the warm welcome chaps, and thanks for your help in previous weeks Paul. Small world innit?

Sent you a PM regarding the tyres John.

So.... any meets in these northern wastes?

The SMVG are a good crowd, but the majority of their activity is south of Perth. There is a good show in May at B A Stores http://www.bavintageweekend.co.uk/ with a growing military turnout and a few of us have been talking about setting up a Heavy / Military vehicle show for next year. There were a few of us doing a monthly pub run near Insch, but it has died out a bit this year.

Steve.

New show? Sounds good! Do it!

We have a vintage rally here near Inverness in September each year that we could piggy back if anyones interested? Its only 3 years old and is mainly tractors etc, but it usually attracts a couple of MVs. Im sure they would be happy for a few of us to show - I can find out. Il be taking my truck next year.

• 2 months later...
New show? Sounds good! Do it!

We have a vintage rally here near Inverness in September each year that we could piggy back if anyones interested? Its only 3 years old and is mainly tractors etc, but it usually attracts a couple of MVs. Im sure they would be happy for a few of us to show - I can find out. Il be taking my truck next year.

I have started a thread about it. http://hmvf.co.uk/forumvb/showthread.php?28138-New-event-in-North-East-Scotland