Rugged Robin, gunning for Clarkson

gritineye

The Reliant Robin..... a handsome little car, much loved by the thrifty working man, and the young driver just starting out.

Sadly, being small of stature, light of weight, and a little short in the wheel department, they have of late, become the butt of ridicule and bullying, particularly by one Jeremy Clarkson, a public school buffoon who really should know better, the blighter.

This has so annoyed one plucky little Robin that he is itching to punch that Clarksons lights out.

So we called in a favour and sent him to Hereford for training and ruggedizeation, where he soon learned to do proper fighting and secret covert stuff.

During this time a remarkable transformation took place, he met a lot of tough fighting machines, and he wanted to be gallant and brave, just like his new chums

Rugged Robin is now a lean mean fighting machine, and has already carried out covert ops with the SAS, SBS, and the navy SEALS, he is now ready to take on comers!

He has a high road speed, amazing off road and amphibious capability, and as he is air portable by Microlite, there is now no place for Clarkson to hide.

So Jeremy Clarkson, be afraid, be very afraid, hell hath no fury like a Robin scorned!

Something went wrong...

That's awesome

He should have went to Norway to do his Arctic warfare training with the royal marines and played in the snow with the bv's . Stick a ski on the front and he would be up to the standard im sure :D:D

Yep, too right.. last I heard he's scoping out Liverpool slipways, (yeah I know Peterhead's nearer but he so likes a challenge) and looking for a fiord with gently sloping sides, squally sea conditions don't faze him though, don't it make you proud that he's British!

You know, somewhere I may just have an original 'de-bogging' ramp for a Rugged - it came in a stillage of crap from Withams. It was basically a 3ft length of 6" x 2" x 1/4" section aluminium channel (nato green ISTR). It would have made light work of that odd sticky moment. I'll go and have a look.

You know, somewhere I may just have an original 'de-bogging' ramp for a Rugged - it came in a stillage of crap from Withams. It was basically a 3ft length of 6" x 2" x 1/4" section aluminium channel (nato green ISTR). It would have made light work of that odd sticky moment. I'll go and have a look.

Amazing find Tony, that sounds like an early one, later ones where glass-fibre, with a ratchet strap to double up as a front ski! Also used when hydroplaning across the North Sea.

It is thought that they changed to glass-fibre when it was noticed the surface of the aluminium wore off leaving a dark trail in the snow that could be seen from space.

• 6 months later...

Looks like Rugged Robin has finally found fame in the anals of the Daily Mail and other publications - just heard he's even making automotive waves in Nigeria!. It can only be a matter of time before GQ does a centrefold spread on him (i.e. Rugged, not Bernard - stay in the real world please :-D).

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2156474/Reliant-Robin-owner-fed-Jeremy-Clarkson-declares-war-armed-tank-version-wheeler.html

http://uk.cars.yahoo.com/news/%E2%80%98take-that-jeremy-clarkson-%E2%80%99-grandfather-turns-three-wheel-reliant-robin-into-tank.html

Edited by N.O.S.