Old RAF Uniforms...any interest?...

RattlesnakeBob

Just wondering if anyone has any interest in these uniforms?..

..I mentioned having them a day or so ago on here but mistakenly put the post in 'aviation' instead if 'uniforms'....

I do have an excellent history to go with them.....they all belonged to the same person who saw service in Burma ,The Med and the Middle East, Burma for a second term and then back to the UK....during his service he flew just about everything you could think of up to and including Lancasters.He was a Sqd Leader of 67 and later on 619 Squadron and eventually promoted to Wing Commander winning a number of medals including the DFC and Bar along the way. :)

Uniform 1:Battledress style tunic suit

raf0813.jpg

Uniform 2:Longer tunic suit

P1000817.jpg

Mess suit 1: RAF blue with waistcoat

P1000818.jpg

Mess suit 2:Formal function Black tunic with tails.

P1000823.jpg

I'll measure them up.... :)

...yes I will sell , make me an offer.I think the whole lot together makes a nice collection seeing as they all belonged to one man who had a helluva service history too.....

..but...I could split them all up I guess...

it all depends....:cool2:

I also have a very tatty B2 USAAF Groundcrew jacket...tatty is the oprative word mind you.... but it is a genuine WW2 jacket.

The B2 was made specifically for USAAF ground crews....its the same as a flying jacket but money was saved in their manufacture by not having sleeve zips and by having one central zip (not a sort of double breasted style like the Irvings) and no belt....make a rather cool jacket for riding around in yer Jeep maybe ? :)

I also have a very tatty B2 USAAF Groundcrew jacket...tatty is the oprative word mind you.... but it is a genuine WW2 jacket.

The B2 was made specifically for USAAF ground crews....its the same as a flying jacket but money was saved in their manufacture by not having sleeve zips and by having one central zip (not a sort of double breasted style like the Irvings) and no belt....make a rather cool jacket for riding around in yer Jeep maybe ? :)

Sounds nice

what sort of price would you be looking at for that?