rolls royce engines

scammell 7377

Question

can i ask your help to identify 2 crated rolls royce ?? engines both petrol

1 is a 6 cyl petrol marked l/v10/fo/b60/58

2 is a 8 cyl petrol marked l/v 10b80wh?zp or maybe 2p pt no eu/1380/2 ser no 3880

they both have paperework to sugest they are both either new or rebuilt we are curious to know what vehicles they may have been used in as its possable they may be offered for sale shoud they be of use to anybody thanks andy

8 answers to this question

can i ask your help to identify 2 crated rolls royce ?? engines both petrol

1 is a 6 cyl petrol marked l/v10/fo/b60/58

2 is a 8 cyl petrol marked l/v 10b80wh?zp or maybe 2p pt no eu/1380/2 ser no 3880

they both have paperework to sugest they are both either new or rebuilt we are curious to know what vehicles they may have been used in as its possable they may be offered for sale shoud they be of use to anybody thanks andy

Andy,

The 6 cyl engine are you sure it is B60/58 ? Could it be 5A ? If so then it is not a Ferret engine but a Humber 1 ton engine.

As for the other one, if it is B80/2P, then it is an early BSF engine for a Centurion ARV winch.

richard , it it clearly stencilled on the crate b60/58

robin i have sent you a mail but have no record of sending it here or in outlook express so if you dont receive it please try mailing me thanks andy

Andy,

The 6 cyl engine are you sure it is B60/58 ? Could it be 5A ? If so then it is not a Ferret engine but a Humber 1 ton engine.

As for the other one, if it is B80/2P, then it is an early BSF engine for a Centurion ARV winch.

Andy,

I know someone with a Cent ARV, in need of a winch engine.