Princess Royal Barracks

Deepcut

CAMBERLEY

Surrey

Tel: (0) 1252-833371 (civil)

Fax: (0) 1252 833484

Email: information@rlcmuseum.com

‘B’ Vehicle Record Cards

The RLC Museum holds the B Vehicle Record cards previously held by the Museum of Army Transport.

There is a non-refundable research fee for enquiries of this kind. For the research of one vehicle, there is a charge of £25 and £15 for any additional vehicles accompanying your enquiry.

If you would like to proceed with your enquiry please send us as much information as you can about your vehicle your full Postal Address and a cheque payable to the RLC Museum Trust Fund.

The Royal Logistic Corps Museum Collections

The bulk of the RLC Museum collection is made up from two of the regimental museums of the forming corps; the Royal Corps of Transport Museum, previously situated at Buller Barracks in Aldershot and the Royal Army Ordnance Corps Museum, in Blackdown – both now closed. Unfortunately none of the vehicles held by the RCT Museum were transferred; these instead were held at the Museum of Army Transport in Beverley and then at the National Army Museum’s store after the Museum of Army Transport closed.

:-)

It might be worth contacting the MVT as i think i read somewhere that it was MVT members that were sorting out the records and doing the searching of the files. I believe they charge £25 and thats payable even if there is no records found after the search.

Hardyferret

are you looking for your landrover's records? If so EMLRA have some record details.

The RLC museum uses volunteerts to do the records search and as stated you pay £25 no matter how much, little or nothing comes up. (All I got was the date of disposal!)

MVT do not have direct access to the records and cannot bypass this system.

Yes if its a Rover you are tracing EMLRA can do this & its free - to members. So would be worth joining just for that.

Of course Deepcut, it takes more time not to find the records than finding them. So it might seem a swizzle but someone has to hunt around to see whats there or not. i believe the EMLRA search is via a computer based search MERLIN?

Thanks all, I only have the chassis no to go on, and Deepcut seem to be able to work off that, Merlin I think?? Requires the mil reg??

Yes I think it has to be VRN for MERLIN. What is the Wheeled Vehicle Contract No, that would give an idea of the reg batch.

(Humbers are so much easier, take the last 4 digits of the serial number then stick BK in between)