Trandum, Norway 2011 - HMKF 40th anniversary.

martylee

HMKF celebrated it's 40th anniversary at several meetings this summer. Trandum was last of these, which was held this weekend. I stayed only for the saturday, which turned out to be a great autumn day with sunny weather and good tempature. This morning I've been looking at the photos I took and listening to the downpour of rain outside. Really happy I didn't sleep in the tent, which I really planned to do.

Since this was an anniversary meeting the HMKF put flowers at the monument remembering the executed at the Trandum prisoncamp during the war. At the single graves around the area it was put down flowers in red and yellow which is the colors of the HMKF.

Because of the anniversary some rarer vehicles showed up as well. The Stoewer has turned out to be rather common with 3 new ones on the scene the later years. Even the Opel Blitz with two turning up besides a Schwimmwagen and a Kubewagen. Of allied rare vehicles we had m8, m20 and Chaffee. Also a Dodge Commandcar and an amphibious jeep. Just before I left a German Leopard arrived.

Of the more commen allied vehicles there were new ones which I haven't seen before. I would say that about 150 vehicles participated in the meeting. I'll try not to post too many of the vehicles I've posted earlier. I will also split the thread in different parts. I hope you like it and consider visiting Norway for a meeting some time.

Marty

The highlight of the meeting was of course our Dodge only trip in the tank course. I was busy driving, so I didn't take that many photos, we were a wc51, a wc52, a wc54 and a wc55 rebuilt as a wc52. Did some filming while driving, which was rather hard.

martylee1053.jpg

martylee1060.jpg

martylee1061.jpg

martylee1062.jpg

martylee1074.jpg

martylee1075.jpg

martylee1076.jpg

Marty

Edited by martylee