Military Museums etc in Birmingham?

M.Rimmer

I will be spending a day in Birmingham next week and would welcome any suggestions of museums etc which are worth a visit and which are not too far from the city centre. Doesn't have to be military,basically anything interesting to pass the time!.

Thanks,

Matt.

Thanks for the replies. I think it will have to be the Motorcycle Museum,at least then I can drool over a Brough Superior

You can also admire the two WD sidecar outfits, one with a Bren, t'other with a Vickers. Not to mention the wooden sculpture of (I think) a Norton, and some maniac's jet + rocket assisted drag bike.:wow:

Have to agree about Cosford Paul,unfortunately I won't have a vehicle and will need to be able to get back to the city centre so Cosford is perhaps just that bit too far.

Matt.

No. 900 bus service from Birmingham city centre (stops outside the Polish church opposite Moor Street station), I think the motorcycle museum is a couple of stops after the airport (walk back to the roundabout and cross the road under the bridge). Bus fare is £1.80 each way and the bus company does not give change, so have the right money. Return bus stop is near enough opposite the outward one (and stops in the same place in Birmingham, as that's the terminus). Don't get the 900A or 900E service for the outward journey unless you fancy a walk, as it only goes as far as the airport.

Have Fun!