Woodvale Rally on August 6th & 7th near Southport

Its that time of the year again for the Woodvale Rally on August 6th & 7th at RAF Woodvale near Southport. Its in association with the West Lancs MVT.

I went last year and had really good time. Good facilities toilets showers and the like but you can just slum it if you need too. Plenty to keep the kids happy carnival, remote control aeroplanes (big ones) plus other non military vehicles to look at.

woodvale_flyer_2011.JPG

Video of one of last years runs onto the runway

[video=youtube_share;HIxucbSG7cE]

Link to application form http://www.westlancsmvt.com/woodvaleappform.htm its getting late but if you want to go try emailing one of the organisers in the picture above. The RB44 isn't going this year as it failed its MOT on a loose wheel bearing so theres one space that needs filling up.

Edited by ferrettkitt

I am going for the first time ever this year...new to the MV scene this year so hoping to get to know a few more people..

planning on getting there Friday evening for the full weekend..

looking forward to it

cheers

Mike

I am going for the first time ever this year...new to the MV scene this year so hoping to get to know a few more people..

planning on getting there Friday evening for the full weekend..

looking forward to it

cheers

Mike

Speaking to the West Lancs MVT they were planning on having film shows Mash style in the evenings whether it comes off.....

Looking to Camp there from Friday night probably get there about 7pm...bit concerned after seeing a facebook post that it gets filled up very quickly...

Anyone advise what its like....I only have a Civilian tent only am afraid....

cheers

Mike

Looking to Camp there from Friday night probably get there about 7pm...bit concerned after seeing a facebook post that it gets filled up very quickly...

Anyone advise what its like....I only have a Civilian tent only am afraid....

cheers

Mike

We are going as well, and have done for the past few years

(Got to go really as I got conned into doing the commentary for the parade!!)

What are you bringing Mike?

Space is not usually a problem, civvy tents and caravans are behind the military tents on a large grassed area between the runways

Nothing particularly special except to me maybe...Land Rover 90 FFR never gonna win any prizes but thats fine with me!

Hoping to be part of the convoy at least

so does the military section have its own camping and the rest of the rally camp in the general camping area...

cheers

Mike

Nothing particularly special except to me maybe...Land Rover 90 FFR never gonna win any prizes but thats fine with me!

Hoping to be part of the convoy at least

so does the military section have its own camping and the rest of the rally camp in the general camping area...

cheers

Mike

Certainly does, as I say the camping is behind the vehicle display area

Fully intend to get to know a few people...not sure my wife and daughter are fully into the MV thing yet but they are coming along too....how much entertainment is provided at night at all...beer tent & music still going on at all for the non-drivers???

definitely looking to do the road run on saturday !

cheers

Mike

Really enjoyed this event...took part in the arena parade on both days and the convoy on saturday night....excellent fun...

We ended up camping up near the control tower near the cadets who although a little boisterous where all really well behaved...and they did a great job in assisting with the arena parade too....

Didnt get to talk to too many MV people really as my wife and daughter are still getting there head around the MV scene and we also had family down all weekend too so had to entertain them....anyway it was good fun and some cracking vehicles and displays there....

will put some photos on shortly...

& lastly a big thanks to West Lancs MVT in particular (I especially Jamie & Marie although i am sure there where others equally as involved...hope i got your names right too)as this was a really well run event...

cheers

Mike

Really enjoyed this event...took part in the arena parade on both days and the convoy on saturday night....excellent fun...

We ended up camping up near the control tower near the cadets who although a little boisterous where all really well behaved...and they did a great job in assisting with the arena parade too....

Didnt get to talk to too many MV people really as my wife and daughter are still getting there head around the MV scene and we also had family down all weekend too so had to entertain them....anyway it was good fun and some cracking vehicles and displays there....

will put some photos on shortly...

& lastly a big thanks to West Lancs MVT in particular (I especially Jamie & Marie although i am sure there where others equally as involved...hope i got your names right too)as this was a really well run event...

cheers

Mike

I missed the first runway run on Saturday we were wandering about the stalls.

Ditto on the West Lancs MVT they did a great job.

i'm on a last minute holiday in devon so couldn't turn out with the carrier but i'm sure i'll be able to make it next year, looks like i missed a great show

rick

Any excuse! You missed a great show but you also missed the rain as well. Shotton towards the end of August might be an excuse to get you're carrier running around.

andy

sounds good to me, will i have use of the armoured heritage group towing vehicle (your rb44) :D

rick

I have to sort out a new bearing for the front wheel and then sort out a trip to Vosa for its MOT. So the answer should be yes if I shift my backside and it stops raining!

I partially stripped the front hub down the weekend before Woodvale and found that the bearing had no grease in it so I suspect that its U/S. So rather than mess about I'll go looking for a new bearing in Macclesfield or Duckinfield. Must remember to ring Mr Lock

if memory serves me right they run in oil, check your front axle filler level plug on the diff housing, oil should be level with the plug hole if it isn't both bearings could be knackered, before you condemn them do a visual inspection to see if they are blued or the metal has dragged if not then they'll be ok to put back in. remember it's an rb not a ferrari so top up and motor on ;)

rick