Sexton #130

SDT16

Hi Guys!

I have started a thread for our Sexton Restoration on the MLU forum, but since so many of my British and Euro friends have been so helpful, I thought I should start one here as well!:D

She is almost down to the hull at the moment, so in the next few days, I will try to catch up via photo's the best I can!

Hope you all enjoy!

Sean

Sexton#130-0300 1.jpg

Sexton#130-0481.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Ha! Well that last post didn't seem to work out so well! So here we go again! Practice makes perfect Right!

Not a lot of progress on the Sexton but we did get a roof over her!

We will be on a plane for England in the AM and then on to Tanks in Town!

Hope to see Y'all there!!!

Sean

Shop.jpg

• 3 years later...

Wow!...has it been a long time since this thread was updated!!!:wow:

Some times you just have to back away and focus one fewer things at a time. Well that is our excuse as many of you know how that is pretty much impossible!!! Although work has not physically been done, the parts searching never ends. The spark behind this update is the procurement of a NOS early style air cleaner!! Both of the originals were missing the pans as they usually are. So we now at least have a pattern for the rest of the bits in case we can't find what we need. The hull is 90 percent disassembled. Just need to remove the last boggie assembly, remove the wiring harness, take apart 3 boogie assemblies and she is ready for sand blasting.... All of this right after I finish the Half Track. Oh right, that was the hold up in the first place. A half track paint job that turned into a frame up rest!!!

Any how, we are trying to get pumped up on this project again! There are some parts we still need to get and I'll post them soon.

Cheers

Sean

Here is the Air cleaner we obtained.

Air Cleaner.JPG

Here are a couple of pics from Fred's time in the RHA in his Sexton and with the commanders Cromwell, he told us about one practice where he spent nearly 16 hours on maneuvers to get to the range under blackout conditions and as they stopped to fire he dozed off, slept through the firing and had to be shaken awake to drive again. How you sleep with a 25 pounder going off next to you I don't know.

Cromwell Fred.jpg

Steve

C sexton Fred.jpg