Bedford mk/mj fitting extra seat in cab

hello

just wondered if anyone had fitted a middle seat or larger pasenger seat in the cab of an mk/mj always seem to have two pasengers now

cheers paul

I had a good try at this a few years ago. I had a look at the passenger seat from a civilian TK cab. There were several available secondhand but there not enough room to fit one in the MJ cab due to the transfer box levers.

I did have some success mounting a centre seat from Land Rover Defender in but struggled with the seat belt mounting. I think when someone is sat there it would also make gear changing very awkward. I ended up selling the truck as I gave up on it being practical to transport three people.

Best bet if you want a similar vehicle to transport more people is the later Leyland Daf 4 tonner that has small seats in the rear, not much more expensive to get hold of than an MJ and great cummins engines plus power steering. Downside is they don't look much different from a run of the mill Roadrunner, at least an MJ/MK looks military.

The Leland Daf 4 tonner has 3 seats in the front, the backrest on the centre seat folds forward to allow someone to look out of the hatch. It is very thinly padded and I would not like to travel any distance on it. There are no seats in the back of the cab, and there is no provision to fit any.

The Leland Daf 4 tonner has 3 seats in the front, the backrest on the centre seat folds forward to allow someone to look out of the hatch. It is very thinly padded and I would not like to travel any distance on it. There are no seats in the back of the cab, and there is no provision to fit any.

I must have been getting confused with something else then re the Leyland Daf 4 tonner. I had a feeling some of the Abro re-furbished MJ's at Whithams had the narrow fold down centre seat as well, but could also be wrong there it was nearly four years ago I was looking.