Samson C.E.S.

Amphibi boy

Hi all,I asked this question in the wanted section, but i thought i will also ask here as its in the tracked section.We have a samson cvrt recovery, and its in very good condition, but missing its c.e.sSo my question is, does anyone have a full c.e.s. Listing for the samson, and secondly do you know of supplyers of the parts needed.Many thanks in advanceShaun

Try Green Machine/ Vintage MV manuals for the listing..

As for the parts if you manage to get hold of a CVRT A frame before me when I've been looking for years I will be very annoyed...!

The vice off the rear mudguard seems to be the other part which is quite rare..

Does your winch work?

Reccymech66, thanks alot for that (in hindsight i wish i got copies of things like this when i was in) it will be an on going process for the c.e.s. So i will probably give you a buzz. But once again thanks. Take it easy out there, is the B.V. Still getting used out there, or is it too warm for a brew? Cheers shaun

Timbo, i presume the winch works, the vehicle is in great condition, but the engine was pulled out for another before we got it, so we have to put in another, we have a few spares, then the winch will be tested!!! The hope is to take it to displays and have a static display showing it winching one of our other cvrt's. (something different, especially over here) will let you know when we do it, will have to do a thread. Cheers. Shaun

Timbo, i presume the winch works, the vehicle is in great condition, but the engine was pulled out for another before we got it, so we have to put in another, we have a few spares, then the winch will be tested!!! The hope is to take it to displays and have a static display showing it winching one of our other cvrt's. (something different, especially over here) will let you know when we do it, will have to do a thread. Cheers. Shaun

Good luck with that - you just need to watch out with the sammy as some of the plumbing is a slightly different configuration to the other variants. To get the winch working you need to make sure you swap the flange over from the back of the engine - this drives the pto and is different to the normal J60..

Not tested mine yet but yes was going to do something similar at a show ie set up a recovery job. Considering the relatively small number made there seem to be quite a few in private hands, maybe the small size of the vehicle meant they were sold off earlier..

Mine has a lovely new recon engine in it but untested as yet, hope to get her running properly before summer's over. So much to do so little time...