NI British Army Riot Helmet

Josh The Para

Are you referring to the GS MK6 helmet, if so i can provide a few photos of one of my own. Sadly the visor on my one has gone walkies but i still have the mounting brackets fitted to it. If i can assist then let me know and ill take a few photos for you.

All the best Ollie

Dont worry i have not forgot about you, i have bean trying to dig out the visor so i can take some photos of the complete helmet. Ill load some photos of the helmet and side mounts for now.

Its the Kevlar type.

All the best

Ollie.

There's an article in an old copy of "The Armourer" magazine that covers British body armour, etc, by Jon Bodsworth. A bloody good series, covering litterally every pattern of body armour ever worn by British troops, including experimental stuff....try their website for back-issues...I have the actual issue somewhere but need to find it :embarrassed: Anyhow, it covers the NI riot helmet (the motorcycle-style item) or, officially, "Helmet, ART" (for "Anti-Riot Topper") plus illustrations.......

Try Sabre Sales in Southsea, Hants.... they may have one or two original examples kicking around in the basement ? (best place for them)......:-\

There's an article in an old copy of "The Armourer" magazine that covers British body armour, etc, by Jon Bodsworth. A bloody good series, covering litterally every pattern of body armour ever worn by British troops, including experimental stuff....try their website for back-issues...I have the actual issue somewhere but need to find it :embarrassed: Anyhow, it covers the NI riot helmet (the motorcycle-style item) or, officially, "Helmet, ART" (for "Anti-Riot Topper") plus illustrations.......

Try Sabre Sales in Southsea, Hants.... they may have one or two original examples kicking around in the basement ? (best place for them)......:-\

I have some of these but they do not have the visors just the clips etc, makes them a hazard to others!

If anyone wants any I think I may have two(or is it four, dohh!).

Iain

Hi Josh. Got a couple riot helmets myself. Have posted a pic. of a 'Helmet ART' on a thread I started under military headware (that is the motorcycle type) dated 85' also have the Mk V type as well. Have a Mk 6 but visor missing.

Give a shout if info needed.

Andy.