Saving plots

commander

Or maybe move re-enactors lock, stock & barrel to Medway?

There they will have plenty of room to spread out with some separation between their dioramas. At present there is this overcrowded arrangement where one moment you are viewing a WW1 trench to then step into the Middle East some 70 years or so later & then a few steps on thrust into WW2.

With some chronological allocation of space, one could stroll along feeling a sense of continuity observing man's inhumanity to man in all its various forms as time has progressed (& even come to the conclusion that despite clever machines & fancy uniforms we've haven't really learnt any lessons at all).

I would imagine that if the re-enactors were moved to Medway they'd hardly get any foot traffic from the public, I doubt that many of the public venture much further than the Arena and the re-enactors in Little Monktons, perhaps a short stroll into Big Monktons.

I doubt that many of the public venture much further than the Arena and the re-enactors in Little Monktons, perhaps a short stroll into Big Monktons.

Chicken and egg possibly......the reason the MOP`s do not venture further is that they know no major displays are to be found in Medway field. If on the other hand it were exclusively Living History, would be suprised if things did not change.

Or, why not put the stalls down there - after all, the show is supposed to be about the vehicles....right ?

Cheers

Steve W.

Ive said it before, the worlds largest military vehcile show and yet we have to pay and re enactors don't...........

We had a big plot, but when we found out a few off our group were not comming, we shrunk the plot and some dutch moved in next to us.

I agree with if your not there by wednesday, you lose your spot.

However, there is still loads of room at w+p.

Fv1609, I agree it should be laid out better, so you walk through history of war, as you said one minute your in ww1 then modern then back to ww2. And Steve I also agree, it's about the vehicles, so your idea to move the stalls away to another location would be better, along with the fun fair! I didn't realise the re-enactors don't pay. (do any of the organizers read these posts? And take note!!!). Cheers