Chris davies funeral details

dan.wc52

Hi All,

I have been asked by the Davies Family to firstly thank all those who have posted so far, for their kind words and to secondly let everyone know the full details for Thursday.

Christopher Davies' Funeral Ceremony will be held at St Paul's Church, Allaway Avenue, Paulsgrove, Portsmouth at 12:30pm on Thursday 30th June.

The Committal will then be held at Waterlooville Cemetery at 1:30pm.

The Wake will be at the Woodpecker Pub, London Road, Waterlooville.

The Family have said it would be nice to see some military vehicles on this day but are aware that parking at some of the venues is tight. Those who wish to wear uniforms are welcome (usual MVT dress rules apply). The request has been made for family flowers only and donations to be given to Combat Stress, through Grady's Funeral Directors as stated by Rosie.

In traditional Davies Family Spirit they have asked me to apologise for the short notice, due to unalterable family arrangements.

On a personal note, Chris was the one who got me involved in the military vehicle scene to the level I am today. They were great times, even when he took sheer delight in molding my cold, soaking wet beret to my head. There is now a gap that will never be filled. The immortal words as I left his house one night on my motorbike will be there forever; "KEEP IT BETWEEN THE TREES". As will his face when my partner started having contractions for the birth of our daughter in his garage, but that's a story for another day.

R.I.P mate

PLEASE SPREAD THE WORD. LET'S GIVE HIM THE SEND OFF HE DESERVES. IF YOU THINK YOU WILL BE BRINGING AN MV PLEASE CAN YOU LET ME KNOW AS WE ARE TRYING TO RUN IN CONVOY THANKS.

DAN MAJOR 07956434645

Hi All,

I have been asked by the Davies Family to firstly thank all those who have posted so far, for their kind words and to secondly let everyone know the full details for Thursday.

Christopher Davies' Funeral Ceremony will be held at St Paul's Church, Allaway Avenue, Paulsgrove, Portsmouth at 12:30pm on Thursday 30th June.

The Committal will then be held at Waterlooville Cemetery at 1:30pm.

The Wake will be at the Woodpecker Pub, London Road, Waterlooville.

The Family have said it would be nice to see some military vehicles on this day but are aware that parking at some of the venues is tight. Those who wish to wear uniforms are welcome (usual MVT dress rules apply). The request has been made for family flowers only and donations to be given to Combat Stress, through Grady's Funeral Directors as stated by Rosie.

In traditional Davies Family Spirit they have asked me to apologise for the short notice, due to unalterable family arrangements.

On a personal note, Chris was the one who got me involved in the military vehicle scene to the level I am today. They were great times, even when he took sheer delight in molding my cold, soaking wet beret to my head. There is now a gap that will never be filled. The immortal words as I left his house one night on my motorbike will be there forever; "KEEP IT BETWEEN THE TREES". As will his face when my partner started having contractions for the birth of our daughter in his garage, but that's a story for another day.

R.I.P mate

PLEASE SPREAD THE WORD. LET'S GIVE HIM THE SEND OFF HE DESERVES. IF YOU THINK YOU WILL BE BRINGING AN MV PLEASE CAN YOU LET ME KNOW AS WE ARE TRYING TO RUN IN CONVOY THANKS.

DAN MAJOR 07956434645

I do hope that all went well, and he received the "send off" that he would have wanted, very sad time for all concerned, and for the hobby that he so obviousl loved.

Hi Ray,

not a pleasant job, saying goodbye to such a good friend. But yes, all went well, and I think he got the send off he deserved.

Hi Ray,

not a pleasant job, saying goodbye to such a good friend. But yes, all went well, and I think he got the send off he deserved.

Me and the cubed had a though for you earlier. It must have been a horrid day for you and everyone else (especially the family to). Big hugs for you lot when we see you next.

:kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss: