Bell Housing - Bedford MJ

LoggyDriver

Where the clutch fork comes out of the bell housing on a Bedford MJ, is there supposed to be a rubber dust cover of soughts over the hole? Mine hasn't got any sort of cover and I presume there is supposed to be one. Any one got any photo's or info, or is it not supposed to have a cover fitted?

Cheers

Where the clutch fork comes out of the bell housing on a Bedford MJ, is there supposed to be a rubber dust cover of soughts over the hole? Mine hasn't got any sort of cover and I presume there is supposed to be one. Any one got any photo's or info, or is it not supposed to have a cover fitted?

Cheers

No, it is always open. On the opposite side, there is facility for Left hand drive and usually a blanking plate over it.

No, it is always open. On the opposite side, there is facility for Left hand drive and usually a blanking plate over it.

Thanks for your reply Richard.

Seems a bit strange not having a cover there as it's a big hole. All sorts of crap could end up in there. There is a blanking plate on the other side though.

And K, M and O Series.............

It always seemed a bid odd to me as well. I have thoughts of fitting a leather gaiter of sorts between the bellhousing and clutch fork to exclude dust/dirt from my MLD housing. Mind you, as yet there haven't been any problems.

Alec.