Amount of MV's in the UK

Jack

Are you counting non runners? Would be a useful piece of info though considering all the $%^&!! coming from Goverment at the moment.

Good question Tony - I am looking for the amount of insured vehicles :whistle:

Well I've two vehicles not insured for on the road use as they're in pieces.

I'l bet there's a significant number of others nearly complete, not used, or simply transported to shows and not used on the road therefore never insured either, particularly motorbikes.

If you do simply want the total number insured, I would bet asking two or three insurance companies would net you 90% of U.K. vehicles.

One thought is that I wouldn't be surprised if there's an awful lot of Land Rover insured as just Land Rovers no mention of Military Vehicle, as the current owners aren't interested in the movement, just want an everyday vehicle or solid commercial. Probably applies to a few other vehicles too, like recently demobbed Bedford MJs used for commercial purposes not by military enthusiasts.

What do you define as a military vehicle? One that was originally owned by the military or one that is now presented in it's original form?

Some ex military vehicle lose all such identity when passing into civilian hands. I'm sure that my Ward La France now regarded as historic and revered by some for it's WWII history was once a mundane recovery truck at garage somewhere.