I'm are off to Rochester on Wednesday for a couple of days and on Thursday I've got a free day so I'm looking to go to a museum somewhere in the area for the day. I've been to Hawkinge and Dover Castle before so they are off the agenda.

Has anyone got any suggestions?

Cheers.

Have you tried the RE museum at Chatham? There is also the Dockyard next door, if you are looking for something Military. You could try the Museum of Kent Life or the Carriage Museum at Maidstone, or Leeds Castle if you want something historic.

Thanks mate, yes should have said something military related if possible so thanks for the suggestions.

Should have added as well that we have been to Leeds Castle before and had a pretty good afternoon out actually.

Anyone heard of Dover Transport Museum...?

military-wise, has a WW1 Pierce Arrow lorry (albeit in postwar civvie paint, which it is hoped to have running for 2014 Dover WW1 commemorative event) and a WW2 WOT8 both on loan....but loads of other stuff too! including 1936 Humber Super Snipe and a possibly unique 1939 Delage 3litre tourer.

check current opening hours etc; NB - bargain entry fee - £4.00 adult - permits free additional visit for up to 1 year!

new website on: www.dovertransportmuseum.org.uk

ps - it's a charity & needs your money...