Heath fire - Dorset

Jack

The biggest heath fire in Dorset for 35 years has been brought under control with fire crews damping down......"Police are investigating reports of two youths, believed to be teenagers, seen running from the scene"

I may be stupid but I would kind of be doing the same thing??!!! Not towards it!

The biggest heath fire in Dorset for 35 years has been brought under control with fire crews damping down......"Police are investigating reports of two youths, believed to be teenagers, seen running from the scene"

I may be stupid but I would kind of be doing the same thing??!!! Not towards it!

It was quite spectacular drivving home yesterday (from Blandford to Poole) - Broadstone was thick with smoke.

We get heath fires here every year on most of the remaining heathland areas but for some reason they nearly always occur when the kids are not at school, very rare during term time. Go figure!

This time over 1000 acres has burned, the fire was stopped as it was lapping at garden fences and quite a number of homes were evacuated as a precaution. Not good at all.

Also, Dorset's few remaining heathland areas are vital last habitats for sand lizards, Dartford warblers, and several other severely endangered species, as well as a multitude of less endangered ones such as adders. It really isn't doing anyone an favours when Johnny Moron decides it would be fun to burn it down. Reports on local news media say that the fire was deliberately started.

Anyone like to predict when punishment the culprits will receive if caught an convicted? Not enough, I'll wager.