Photo resizing

FEC

Question

Dear All

I have in a number of old B/W photos of Scammels, Antars. DUKW's and RAF fire engines, which I would like to publish on HMVF, But when I attempt to pull them to the message board it fails because the size of the stored image is larger than is allowed.

Can anyone advise me of the process to re-size the images:blush: for publication?

7 answers to this question

There are multiple ways of resizing photos,

All depends what software you have.

Simple way is open the image using Pain.

Select resize image and change largest dim (im pixels) to something like 900.

Remeber to maintain aspect ration.

Then use save as, giving it a new name (you to not want to wreck the original file)

Of course if you do not have paint you can always try the Gimp.

http://www.gimp.org/

Quite a good manipulation program and it is extremely competitively priced (FREE)

Have an older version on my laptop

This is OK for a few images, if you want to do quite a few then you ideally need to find sime software that batch processes.

Mike

There's another free download program that I use called PIXresizer.

It will do individual pictures or a complete folder at a time and is very quick. It renames the pics too by adding there new dimensions to the file name and also gives an preview impression of the new size. The size can be reduced in pertantages, dimensions or pixels.

If interested have a search on google for it.

Smiler.

If you have Microsoft Office Picture Manager as part of your package, there should be a "compress" function. Simply use the relevant option to take the file size below - I think - 250Kb; and save as new file name. It's not sophisticated but does the job and avoids the need to download other software.