Wolseley in Wartime

ajmac

I'm happy that my Loyd was built by either Ford or Wolseley in 1944 but the only way I can tell which company built it is by little bits of evidence as the wd number is long gone. On my chassis the entire thing was primed in a light pea green, a Ford 7v chassis I have broken was black...this got me thinking if Wolseley always primed in light green? As an aside to that rather silly question, does anyone know of a book or person who has researched wartime Wolseley production? I spoke to the BMHM in Gaydon and they said they had no wartime records at all....having said that they did pronounce that within seconds of the question so it may not have switched on there interest light like a question about a 60's MGB:)

Edited by ajmac

• 1 year later...
I'm happy that my Loyd was built by either Ford or Wolseley in 1944 but the only way I can tell which company built it is by little bits of evidence as the wd number is long gone. On my chassis the entire thing was primed in a light pea green, a Ford 7v chassis I have broken was black...this got me thinking if Wolseley always primed in light green? As an aside to that rather silly question, does anyone know of a book or person who has researched wartime Wolseley production? I spoke to the BMHM in Gaydon and they said they had no wartime records at all....having said that they did pronounce that within seconds of the question so it may not have switched on there interest light like a question about a 60's MGB:)

I realize this post is old, but I have some books and other data on Wolseley. What in particular are you looking for?

It is true Gaydon does not have any Wolseley records for the 1930-1949 period. Since Anders Clausager's departure from there, though, it has become impossible to request even simple research to be done for you. You have to book in advance and then go yourself.