M35a2 whistler

adam161084

Hi all,

Could someone point me in the direction for information on M35 REO pre 1960s?

I am currently looking at two and one is going to be mine. One is a 1954 with the multifuel whistler fitted ( i thought this would be a petrol) and im told it is permanent 6 wheel drive?

The other is a 1957 M35a2 whistler , is this one selectable 6 wheel drive?

Both are mechanicly sound but could do with a re paint. Which one do i go for? They are both cargo beds and canvas roof cab. Not the perfect but guess i can retro fit a hard top:)

Regards

Adam

'Whistler' is just the C model turbo... given its name because the whine it makes at speed. It is neither better or worse than any other emissions device (the turbo's add almost no HP, but were added to clean up the thick black exhaust).

You will tire of the pitch... but some people get all excited over the whine.

Most M35A1s were re-powered with the Multifuel engines making them A2s. Finding a 'gasser' is kinda rare. There are some cab differences, mainly the gauges.

None of the M211/M135/M35A1-A2-A3 had always on 6x6. There is the early 'sprag' type transfer case.... you need a better explanation from the seller. You need to turn 6x6 off or you will tear up the drive line on hard surfaced roads.

For most M35 questions go to www.steelsoldiers.com