scammell amazon

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

she will be out and about but not at beltring,first job is to go and pick johns antar up and bring it back,then its duties will be carting the m74 about when thats ready and might take part in the scammell road run at chatham,but it needs to look good and its a waste sitting there doing nothing,it was fitted with a new engine last year and a new cab so probably the best example anywere once she,s sprayed up

Edited by landyandy

she will be out and about but not at beltring,first job is to go and pick johns antar up and bring it back,then its duties will be carting the m74 about when thats ready and might take part in the scammell road run at chathum,but it needs to look good and its a waste sitting there doing nothing,it was fitted with a new engine last year and a new cab so probably the best example anywere once she,s sprayed up

It will be good to see her at Chatham Andy (Scammells are getting a bit rare at the event recently:cry:) I thought the cab was looking less rusty than I remembered her ! Did the Army order the Amazons for a specific role and would you know how many they had ? Keep up the good work ! All very impressive !:D

It will be good to see her at Chatham Andy (Scammells are getting a bit rare at the event recently:cry:) I thought the cab was looking less rusty than I remembered her ! Did the Army order the Amazons for a specific role and would you know how many they had ? Keep up the good work ! All very impressive !:D

the army never had them this one was at the defence research agency and rada,it was used to move prototype tanks about between testing grounds at night,was painted in blue to keep it conspicuous when on the road and had civilian reg

the army never had them this one was at the defence research agency and rada,it was used to move prototype tanks about between testing grounds at night,was painted in blue to keep it conspicuous when on the road and had civilian reg

Thanks Andy , If you do requests can the Amazon bring one of the Explorers down to Chatham as I'd love to have a good look over one (for reference purposes only ) nothing kinky , Oh all right maybe a little bit kinky ! :-D

Thanks Andy , If you do requests can the Amazon bring one of the Explorers down to Chatham as I'd love to have a good look over one (for reference purposes only ) nothing kinky , Oh all right maybe a little bit kinky ! :-D

we will bring the dyson but won,t be able to carry an explorerer as its not an abnormal load as we have to abide by c&u rules,wouldlove to but means going through the hastles of getting every thing tested

we will bring the dyson but won,t be able to carry an explorerer as its not an abnormal load as we have to abide by c&u rules,wouldlove to but means going through the hastles of getting every thing tested

Ah thats a shame mate ! Bloody rules ! :-D

Clean Cab you have on that one, a lot cleaner than my ex BNFL Amazon thats for sure!! Good luck with the resto, it'll all be worth it in the end.

Ref Chatham. Is it Roger organising it as usual? The register seem to have forgotten us mere mortals and seems that the events are all "Secret Squirell" this year as nothing at all is posted on the web site. Whats the date of the run?

Anyway good luck and hopefully see her out and about soon.

Nigel

Clean Cab you have on that one, a lot cleaner than my ex BNFL Amazon thats for sure!! Good luck with the resto, it'll all be worth it in the end.

Ref Chatham. Is it Roger organising it as usual? The register seem to have forgotten us mere mortals and seems that the events are all "Secret Squirell" this year as nothing at all is posted on the web site. Whats the date of the run?

Anyway good luck and hopefully see her out and about soon.

Nigel

we have the same info as you,we no its on but no dates have been published,we,ll endever to find out

Got the info for Chatham....! 21st road run!

8 & 9th of October at the Historic Dockyards.

Road run starts approx 10 am Sunday 9th.

I will be there on the Sunday only possibly with the Amazon and definitely with something else ;)

Hope this helps

I will be there on the Sunday only possibly with the Amazon and definitely with something else ;)

Hope this helps

By hook or by crook I shall come down to watch you all leave mate ! Hope there is a good Scammell turnout !:D

Hope this helps

good work, will endevour to be there with the amazon and trailer and possibly something on the back

update on amazon got rest of rubbing down done yesterday and sprayed first coat of primer on,still one or 2 patches to work on.also sorted a few of mechanical probs out she had through lack of use,mainly bits seizing up so next week on with the top coats if all goe,s well.forgot to take camera so no pics this week

Was this thing in an auction at Chertsey a fair few years back? There was certainly one blue one put up for sale. There were a load of spares and some other vehicles there including two Martian heavy recoveries.

Was this thing in an auction at Chertsey a fair few years back? There was certainly one blue one put up for sale. There were a load of spares and some other vehicles there including two Martian heavy recoveries.

that was the twin of this one,ours was straight to us when finished with,would be good to find out if the other one has survived into restoration

By hook or by crook I shall come down to watch you all leave mate ! Hope there is a good Scammell turnout !:D

With a little luck I will have 2 down there mate. Welcome to ride shotgun on the road run if you fancy a spin out mate or if you are really brave you can follow us down in the Pioneer which should have an engine with new internals by then!!

Andy you have the best collection to transport mate ! :D Really looking forward to seeing some of the different combinations on the trailer ! I know it sounds a bit sad ( I usually am I know! ) but thanks for putting so much time and effort into maintaining this collection ! It is really great to see your dedication and hard work ! Well done mate ! :D

• 3 weeks later...