greetings!

Hi everyone, Matt here

I'm a student doing Aero Engineering at Bristol Uni, and I'm into all sorts of classic land and air machinery - but have recently become especially interested in ex-military hardware. This might have something to do with befriending Lewis Garner.... :D

Anyway, although I don't as of yet own anything military myself (I already have a classic Land Rover and this tests my patience, my parents' patience and my bank account enough!!!), I'd love to one day get involved!

Hi everyone, Matt here

I'm a student doing Aero Engineering at Bristol Uni, and I'm into all sorts of classic land and air machinery - but have recently become especially interested in ex-military hardware. This might have something to do with befriending Lewis Garner.... :D

Anyway, although I don't as of yet own anything military myself (I already have a classic Land Rover and this tests my patience, my parents' patience and my bank account enough!!!), I'd love to one day get involved!

Hi and Welcome, we keep telling everyone, you dont need to own anything military to be involved, just jopin your local area club....... the rest will happen all in good time.

Regards.

Ray.

A Dodge is easier to drive, cheaper to run, and a lot more reliable than a Series Land Rover. :D

can a 19 year old get insured on it as a main daily drive for less than 700 quid?

Series land rovers are reliable, just carry spare points and condenser!

well chubbster, mine's only broken down once in 3 years and that was when the 28 year old clutch cylinder blew a seal.. so yep, al long as they are well maintained they are pretty reliable!

i see from your sig that yours is one of the very last Series 3's made

this is mine, a 1982 CSW (ex-demo press test car):

180838_10150098238343878_527833877_6420873_2421812_n.jpg

Matt,

You are correct, it is a 84' and the last one where 85'

Mine has only let me down once in the 3 years I've had it!

Very nice land rover you have there, always liked the station wagons and later the county station wagons!

Good luck with the studies mate, I my opinion the best subject to be doing! I am bias tho!

Got the Severn side mvt show coming on the 11/12th on June, it's normally a good show, send a PM if you need any more details.

Cheers

Alex

Hi Chubbster,

unfortunately those dates are right before some fairly hefty exams. also, whilst i study here in Bristol my home is in south cheshire, so,depending on other commitments, I may well be at Astell park this august for the steam rally, i was there last year and there seemed to be a sizeable military contingent of rather tasty hardware :-D