Heavies meets at slab Common.

paulob1

Yes the english is correct,. this year the AWDC has booked the superb Slab common army training ground for off roading...any vehicle can take part including land rovers to 20 ton M62 wreckers But of late its just been me...and a few unimogs...and 101's plus the usual landrover types etc

I take a zil 131, a ural a stalwart and last week an M62. the next meet is

SUNDAY 26th June. I am away so there will be no heavies there at all...if no heavies turn up the club will eventually not organise them.

that would be a real shame.

next two are

August 28th and November 20th.

On the 28th I plan to be taking:- Ural 375, Zil131 x 2 Stalwart, M62 and likely the GAZ 69 and a UAZ 452. Along with my Foden 8x4 transporter and my leyland DAF. If I can I am hoping they will organise a tracked day too soon so watch this space, then i will take my MTLB and 432 or 434.

So please can you guys with heavy machines get them out to join in. The ground is really soft, very unlikely to do any damage to your machines, it is well supported by the availability of the centurion ARRV. If I am there I can always recover you with something. and the unimogs will come to your aid. The AWDC seems to be supported by the most helpful bunch of enthusiasts i have ever been with, well worth a visit, the marshalls are well trained and mega helpful too, as well as being kitted out with all the right gear.

All that is missing is you guys with the biggies. You just have to come along and give it a go, even if it is just to try out your truck on a gentle off road site. There are a few not so gentle areas and these can be great fun to try...

So come on guys lets get out there and play.

Edited by paulob1

I for one would love nothing more than to come and bury my scammell in the mud as it will be ready for it's first run very soon. However looking at the distance, the fuel and accomadation plus the time off work to travel and stop over i think i will be looking at about £1000 in costs. As i only get 18 of these £1000's from work each year and have many bills to pay i have to save up to take it for a run to Lidl and back. :embarrassed: I will have to be content with watching your videos on you tube and perhaps if i win the lottery :cool2: