hello to all members of the hmvf forum.

hello members of the hmvf forum,

my name is james, & am the proud owner of a 1941 tin top, with cupola gmc 353, which i am currently in the process of restoring. i think my good freind armourerdoug might have already posted some pictures up of the truck when he joined last week. i have had real trouble loging on, but a big thanks to joris the site administrator for sorting it out.

back to the truck, i bought the old girl in november from ian hughes, he had bought to be used on the film 'captain america' so i will be runing out to the cinema when the film comes out just to see if i can see my truck in it! the truck ran ok, but all the brakes were shot, along with the exhaust system. the back of the cab was also preaty rusty. with the help of mine & dougs freind harry bryce, we got the back of the truck of, & harry has done a fine job of sorting the tin work out. harry has also done a splendid job of restoring the dashboard, wiring in two speed electric wipers, & has just started rewiring the truck. another freind, helena (or 'bob', when she is airsofting with us!) has done a great job of sanding the truck down, & painting it. i have been doing the oily bits, & paying in lots of money to the bank of rex ward! a top chap, always so helpfull with advice, & very patient to a newbie jimy owner!

the truck will be used in anger so to speak, as i am the lt.colnoel of dog company, we are a ww2 101st airsoft team, & the truck will be used in the games that we do, & also at various reenactment shows that we attend. the truck has got a 50.cal mount, & ring, & we will eventually make a airsoft 50.cal to go on it.

intrestingly, on sanding down the cargo bed over easter, i have found a bullet hole! so the old girl has seen some action in her past!

i will get some photos uploaded soon so you can tell me what you all think.

i realy look forward, i hope to meeting some of you at an event in the future.

with very best wishes to everyone on the hmvf forum,

james hubble