Insurance prices GMC Cargo

R Cubed

Sold my 353 cargo last autumn, but had it and my Dodge WC51 on the same policy and it only cost an additional £60 or so to cover it. I'd already paid around £105 for the Dodge, so I'd say that would have been the rough price if I'd just had the GMC on its own. I insure with Roadsure (Premier Choice now?) and always agree the vehicles value. In addition, for the heavier stuff (such as my Halftrack) I could get roadside recovery and transportation to a location of my choice for £54 on top - cheaper than RAC for your car!

Can't say I've ever had any problems with Roadsure, easy to deal with, easy to contact, but never had to make a claim so can't comment on that aspect.

Gmc cckw 353.

Comprehensive cover including UK and European breakdown provided by Premium Choice (Roadsure) £199.00. Renewed Aug' 2011.

There is also, with a little paperwork, an agreed value for the truck.

The other vehicles i run are all on one policy with Footman James. A cheaper option but they do not supply breakdown cover.

Hope this helps.

Regards David Robertson.

Hi Richard

I have been with various companies over the years but got fed up with one of them changing their name all the time!

By chance I stumbled across Adrian Flux Insurance at the Essex MVT Show at Damyns Hall a few years back and got 'sucked-in' by one of their sales guys - Its so true what they about people who work in sales being the easiest people to sell to !

Anyway, long story short, two years later, I have both GMC's, the Chrysler, the wife's BMW, the Jeep Grand Cherokee, the household buildings and contents and I think the caravan all with Ardrian Flux. The reason? Simply that they always beat other companies on a like for like quote, their after sales service is first class and the customer care is outstanding. No, and you know me well enough Richard to know that I have no slant or connection with the Insurance Industry whatsoever and am not being bribed to say these things - Moreso, when you get good service (a sad failing in the UK these days) you feel inclined to shout about it!

Give em a call and see what they quote.

I went from Roadsure to Footman James a while ago. The only hassle with FJ's policy c/w FJ is that instead of 'any driver' I can now only have up to 10 named drivers. Difficult when someone wants to have a drive on the spur of the moment and you have to say 'sorry but no'.