Broad arrow

nz2

Similar to hallmarks, it is currently a criminal offence to reproduce the broad arrow without authority. The Embezzlement of Public Stores Act 1698 in clause 41 makes it illegal to use the "broad arrow / King's mark" on any goods not for His Majesty's government's use.

http://www.coffinisland.ca

this website deals with glass bottles as used by the navy in the 18th, 19th and 20th centuries.

I'm interested to know if the Broad arrow Act is still in force and otherwise the implications for using it on restored items. The stocks, a hanging and quartering perhaps?

Doug:cry:

cripes,

i hope no one finds my old school books the old "dub dee" arrow was a favorite piece of graffitti.

Ashley

Similar to hallmarks, it is currently a criminal offence to reproduce the broad arrow without authority. The Embezzlement of Public Stores Act 1698 in clause 41 makes it illegal to use the "broad arrow / King's mark" on any goods not for His Majesty's government's use.

www.coffinisland.ca

this website deals with glass bottles as used by the navy in the 18th, 19th and 20th centuries.

I'm interested to know if the Broad arrow Act is still in force and otherwise the implications for using it on restored items. The stocks, a hanging and quartering perhaps?

Doug:cry: