Military vehicle meet/road run at Baldock

Lewis Garner

Hi all,

Just wondered is anyone attending the MV meet/road run at Baldock in Hertfordshire in early April? Not sure of details but if we get our Spartan fixed in time we're hoping to trundle that down for the day. I'll get dad to post in any information if anyone is interested.

Regards,

Lewis

meet is on sunday3rd april, outside the white hart pub, high street in baldock. no need to book in, just turn up for around 9.30. a road run is going to kick off at 11.00. the organiser is mr G S Baker- 07963 609143

if the weather is perfect were taking the sparten and our mate is taking his 1/2 ferret

best regards mick

Not sure if we'll make this one, Dallas have the dodge at the moment, and me and the missus are on holiday til the day before, might see if the brother can take the jeep down, but always difficult on mothers day- that saying if i can get both sets of parents there could kill a few birds.......

meet is on sunday3rd april, outside the white hart pub, high street in baldock. no need to book in, just turn up for around 9.30. a road run is going to kick off at 11.00. the organiser is mr G S Baker- 07963 609143

if the weather is perfect were taking the sparten and our mate is taking his 1/2 ferret

best regards mick

Are you sure about this address? I've not been on the road run before but I know Baldock reasonably well. The White Hart is tucked down the A505 and as far as I can remember has no parking facilities, or at least only enough suitable for a couple of Jeeps or similar. Could it be you mean the White Lion pub? The White Lion is on the main drag up towards Tesco has plenty of parking just off street.

I am checking because it will determine which vehicle I take.

Hi,

Our apologies you are correct it is the White Lion pub, we attended a similar meeting organised by the local council last year and we all parked up on the grass outside the pub along the high street. It should be good if the weather holds

Regards, Lewis

Excellent, all we've got to hope for now is that the weather doesn't suddenly change for the worse :D. Hopefully we can get the Spartan fixed this coming weekend as we recently found out the rear idler crank arm is bent, we've got a new one lined up to be fitted so it's just a case of hoping there's no problems in getting it bolted on. Fingers crossed we'll see you there

"Excellent, all we've got to hope for now is that the weather doesn't suddenly change for the worse"

I'm sure the vehicles won't mind what ever the weather is ;). See you all there, nice to have a local run.......took us 6.5 hrs to do Beltring last year.

Gary

Hi all,

Just wondered is anyone attending the MV meet/road run at Baldock in Hertfordshire in early April? Not sure of details but if we get our Spartan fixed in time we're hoping to trundle that down for the day. I'll get dad to post in any information if anyone is interested.

Regards,

Lewis

Hi Lewis, I should be there, want to go in convey? Hopefully the Ferret will make it without gear slippage!

Hi Big Cheese,

The details are in Military Machines International and possibly Classic Military Vehicle, the road run itself has been reduced to about 8-10 miles and we believe the run is optional as all the vehicles will be arriving back at the high street anyway. Just turn up on the day, no booking in needed, and show off :-D.

It'll be fine once it warms up Si :laugh: I managed to get the idler crank finished on the Spartan today, looking much better now. Just have to space the drive sprocket in by a couple of spacers and then we should be in business

What sort of time is your time is your Dad thinking of kicking off? Topped up the transfer box, gearbox and main engine today and all grease nipples on the suspension. The only thing i have not carried out is the hubs, but its only done 40-50 miles since last top up so should be fine. Even took Caroline for a spin this afternoon.

Regards,

Si,

OOEC18

Back in business!

He said he wants to leave the farm at about 8:30-8:45. That sounds great, what a way to spend your Sunday :D. The Spartan is now finished and test driven so bring on next weekend, I shall take along a couple of spare roadwheels and charge the battery up in the back so we can have the amber beacon going, not that anyone will fail to notice us driving towards them!

Nice photos guys, the vehicles look good! Nice day too!

They really show the size differences between the Spartan and the Ferret, side by side.

Simon, I bought my exhaust fishtail from Andy Foulds, might be worth contacting him if you haven't got one.