REME Forward Repair Teams

scott9643

In the late 1960s I commanded the FRG of 12 Infantry Workshop in Osnabruck. We were equipped with four International half-tracks. I have a few photos, some of which I will be using in monthly articles in the REME Craftsman magazine in which I am recounting  my  REME  career. The photos are on hard copy only at present.    Michael Strong   

• Like 2

• 8 months later...
On 8/27/2020 at 3:54 PM, Major M.R. Strong said:

In the late 1960s I commanded the FRG of 12 Infantry Workshop in Osnabruck. We were equipped with four International half-tracks. I have a few photos, some of which I will be using in monthly articles in the REME Craftsman magazine in which I am recounting  my  REME  career. The photos are on hard copy only at present.    Michael Strong   

In 1967 I was a cfn at 12 inf bde HQ &sig sqn.LAD  Quibeck bks Osnabruck .we were being issued with 439's it was common knowledge that the issue of Samson REME  apc's was delayed  as the hiab would not lift a pack unless it was parked about a foot higher than the casualty. Not an easy thing in the field!   We were issued a half track with jib for pack changes  It was used successfully I have some photos of it in action but am utterly useless with a computer. There is a halftrack with all the jib brackets but no jib at IWM Duxford.