My new Uni tutor is thrilled!

rosie

New half term means a new subject to study at uni. This time its titled-Promoting inclusive and anti-oppressive practice in the early years sector.

Basically meaning breaking down barriers of discrimination in our society. Our tutor gave the best example-------

Why do we mot have many men in our sector (teaching, particularly nursery age). Is it because they are labeled either gay or paedophiles?

And why are there not many Rosie The Riveters?!!!!!!

Well she mentioned Rosie again and then one of the girls asked who the hell this Rosie was, so I explained!!! My tutor was thrilled a she has been a 'pin up heroine' of hers for years! So then I went to explain about the hobby and hopefully not only will she now be coming to Overlord but she may even pop in to W&P as her daughter lives close by!!!!!!!!!!

Just thought it was a funny thing!

I was an ofsted registered childminder and also a nursery assistant (following 17 years at TVR).Even though i had many CRB checks and one of the best Ofsted reports in my area .Until i mentioned i had 3 daughters most thought i was gay ! Its a shame in this day and age,people are so narrow minded ........

I was an ofsted registered childminder and also a nursery assistant (following 17 years at TVR).Even though i had many CRB checks and one of the best Ofsted reports in my area .Until i mentioned i had 3 daughters most thought i was gay ! Its a shame in this day and age,people are so narrow minded ........
You are so right, men make wonderful child carers, they are innovative, play fabulous games (that quite often female workers are afraid of initiating) tis a great shame you guys have this stigma.