WOT2

woa2

A question for you all.

I own a Ford WOT2 truck. All the Official handbooks, parts manuals and literature all say FORD - Even all the Official Army literature call it a FORD. Why is that people call it a FORDSON???

I am not 100% sure of this, but I guess someone will correct me if I am to far away...

The english Fordson is in fact originaly Ford made by Henry Ford as in the US.

The story of the name Fordson is what I have learned, that Henry Ford wanted his son to start on with his own company, and helped him getting started in England, then the name came up Ford & Son, and shortened to Fordson.

And if Mr. H. Ford was as ucually, he made sure "Ford" was used whenever and whereever possible (like the "F" on every parts on the Ford GPW jeeps)..

So I recon nobody felt to much to use the hole companyname Fordson, just in case of getting Henrys attention and perhaps anger turned to them..

Just my two pennys

Chers

Rolf

• 4 weeks later...

I know the Civilian Ford trucks were called Fordson. Is this why the public call British Military trucks Fordson, when they should just be a Ford? A bit like the Austin FV1801 being called a Champ, when only the Civilian vehicle was titled as Champ?