What does this canvas cover fit

R Cubed

Very had to see the print on the canvas so I have typed it as best I can make out.

Cover Canvas Penthouse

24 Ft x 14 Ft

8340 - 99 - 800 - 0043

T K S I / 2016

. S . F . 2002

I cant see how it is a tent no distinct sides, along one side there are some buckles and oblong holes with oblong brass eyelits in them, also some very strange flappy bits and stiched cornery bits.

Very had to see the print on the canvas so I have typed it as best I can make out.

Cover Canvas Penthouse

24 Ft x 14 Ft

8340 - 99 - 800 - 0043

T K S I / 2016

. S . F . 2002

I cant see how it is a tent no distinct sides, along one side there are some buckles and oblong holes with oblong brass eyelits in them, also some very strange flappy bits and stiched cornery bits.

Hi, Rich,

-The fact that you say it says 'Penthouse', makes me think it is just possible it could b the Penthouse Shelter, used on the back end of Saracen Armoured Command Vehicles, -same shape as mine, but with odd wing shaped projections on the rear roof section, made of sheet metal, and designed for carrying this 'penthouse', it's associated support poles, and cam-netting. When fully set up it slightly resembles a 9x9 Command tent in appearance, only the horizontal roof support poles are telescopic, and poke backwards off the roof of the Saracen. Do you have a picture of it you could post?

Matt

It's dated 2002... So can't possibly be Saracen!

Hi, Rich,

-The fact that you say it says 'Penthouse', makes me think it is just possible it could b the Penthouse Shelter, used on the back end of Saracen Armoured Command Vehicles, -same shape as mine, but with odd wing shaped projections on the rear roof section, made of sheet metal, and designed for carrying this 'penthouse', it's associated support poles, and cam-netting. When fully set up it slightly resembles a 9x9 Command tent in appearance, only the horizontal roof support poles are telescopic, and poke backwards off the roof of the Saracen. Do you have a picture of it you could post?

Matt

NSN 8340-99-800-0043 FV462749 appears in the FV432 CES for the Penthouse Conversion Kit as "Shelter Canvas; terylene and canvas, 24ft approx W, 14ft approx LG, w/end panel". Unfortunately the drawing doesn't make it clear what it actually does - it's not the penthouse tent itself, which is 8340-99-809-6541. I think it may be the forward part of the shelter that attaches to the rear of the vehicle?

Andy