84 Pattern or 85 Pattern dpm

Panzer nut

What pattern is the mid 1980s DPM  

5 members have voted

1. 1. What pattern is the mid 1980s DPM

• 1984 pattern dpm
    • 1985 pattern dpm

I am fairly sure I first saw it at the start of 85 (being worn by a QM's clothing storeman). I have just had a look in the label and I can confirm that it does not give either date. I'd suspect it is 84 pattern because it was when it was designed but universally known as 85 pattern cos that's when it appeared in the QM's Clothing Store.

It's 85 pattern, it has sewn on buttons & single line of sewing around the pockets.

In a great design addition it falls apart.

Hence Soldier 95 came along with the Canadian type buttons.

Much superior made.

Then Soldier 2000 as above, but in ripstop material that wears too quickly and is inferior to S95.

Hope this helps

It's 85 pattern, it has sewn on buttons & single line of sewing around the pockets.

In a great design addition it falls apart.

Hence Soldier 95 came along with the Canadian type buttons.

Much superior made.

Then Soldier 2000 as above, but in ripstop material that wears too quickly and is inferior to S95.

Hope this helps

I have also seen 94 pattern which was identical to 84 / 85 pattern but made in ripstop. Evidently a short-term solution that was quickly lost under the CS 95 rollout.

There is alot of SCRDE trials clothing out there which is a mix of Garbadene or Ripstop patterns.

All trialled and sometimes used before the introduction of S95 then later S2000.

The ripstop & the tea bag clothing never has been popular with regulars as its not durable.

Also style can vary on the contractor & issue time.

This stuff can sit on shelves for ages then suddenly get handed out prior to deploying.

Remember 'stores are for storing'.