Russian APC Crash

Marmite!!

Neil.. wasn't you thinking of getting one of them? :shake: ;)

No - thats a BTR I think - I was looking at an OT-64 to replace the -90. Apparently I would not fit them very well and they are a bigger pain the 432's to work on so I dropped the idea!!! :D:D

He could not have hit a worse - or a more appropriate vehicle though - the ambulance!! I assume thats a military one so he'll be up in front of the Soviet version of a Court of Enquiry. Russian practice used to be if it was a civilian that got hit then tough luck on the civilian - but woe betide the driver who damaged Military property.

If that happened in the UK there would be a nose at every window.. there isn't even a single curtain twitching :nut:

Maybe it quite normal in Russia? how the hell did he do this on a straight road??

A tank flipped over in the downtown Moscow after the Victory Day Parade on May, 9.

tank_crash_02.jpg

tank_crash_01.jpg

tank_crash_04.jpg

tank_crash_05.jpg

tank_crash_06.jpg

tank_crash_08.jpg

tank_crash_09.jpg

tank_crash_10.jpg

Edited by Marmite!!

I've seen this happen a few times it's done easier than you would think, too much speed maybe rounding a bend or junction and then sliding into the curb, it's the curb coupled with speed and momentum that flips taks onto the sides., look at the curb in the pics. Would've loved to see a video of it coming down onto it's tracks, bet that made a thump. No check pull applied to prevent further damage as it slams down onto it's tracks. Tut tut;)

I've seen this happen a few times it's done easier than you would think, too much speed maybe rounding a bend or junction and then sliding into the curb, it's the curb coupled with speed and momentum that flips taks onto the sides., look at the curb in the pics. Would've loved to see a video of it coming down onto it's tracks, bet that made a thump. No check pull applied to prevent further damage as it slams down onto it's tracks. Tut tut;)

Info is here : http://2leep.com/bar.php?s=26029

It's russian build therefore unbreakable! Also it all seems to take place on a bridge?

Joris

Also it all seems to take place on a bridge?

On the embankment near the Kremlin. It's the phone camera culture and it happens everywhere not just russia- back in 1996 on the M3 I remember an Army fuel tanker developed a fire in the the rear brakes-everyone just speeded up to get clear in case it went bang:wow:.