Land Rover 101 tyres

Degsy

9.00x16 tyres for the 101 are virtually unobtainable at present, the Petlas factory which used to supply them was lost in the Turkish earthquake and there are believed to be only 5 left worldwide, the price is extortionate. The point to this post is if any body comes accross any 9.00x16's either buy them or post here to give someone on here a chance of obtaining them.

I am after a set. I have hardly worn Continentals on at the moment but they are all cracking due to age.

Been doing a fair amount of seaching recently. Neither Withams or Vass have any at the moment. Graham Holding did have some 255/100R16 (metric equivalent) XZLs recently.

Other than buying brand new Michelins, the only other source I have found is http://www.aircrafttyres.com/900r16__255_100r16%20michelin%20XZL.htm who have both secondhand in various patterns and new remould XZLs at about £175 each

Craddocks are advertising 315/85R16s which are same diameter but you have to buy new wider rims they are advertising. I have seen 255/85R16 fitted but they are slightly smaller diameter.

I put 4 on Milweb the other day on behalf of a friend, George Paice. £150 the lot.

Four 9.00 x 16LT bar grips made by Lassa. They were on a WC so I don't know how suitable for a 101 but that's up to you. They were brand new and driven once from Chris Muys in Belgium to our yard in Croydon.

Call George on 020 8660 3907

Forgot about the Unimog route but it's not a route I wan't to take. Probably cheapest though with huge stocks of Continental tyres in this size lying around. The spacer may be needed as the rim barely clears the track rod ends.

Certainly don't want bar slicks although someone may find that pointer of use. Incidentally, the usual bar grips come in British and Greek varieties and have slightly different diameters and stickyness (or lack of it). Handling on them is too iffy for my liking for a vehicle that will do over 70 and gets regular use :shake: