New toy

DUNSFOLD

ooh excellent, how does she go, what do you think of it, i have a scott trac, aceptable to drive but only just, one argo cat, not great, and a hydraulic reliant engined 8 wheeler that is not great either...put me off these unsuspended things...but these with steering as well as brake steer sound really good...are they...

Hey phill,

Yes they are fun, and as you say the hubs are l.r, but the swivells, although identical in looks, are heat treated differently, and so are stronger than the land rover.

Thats the mk3 you have there, i have mk2 manuals, and a couple of mk3 manuals, (without looking, i think operator's and maintenance for the mk3) there's some differences from the mk2, but they are mostly the same.

Paul, they are fun to drive, still a little bouncy, but better than the argo, and more fun with the two steering methods, plus alot faster! :D

Great photo of the amphib rover, i recently posted a early photo of it on the thread about the borden museum.

Cheers

Shaun

Be carefull taking it in the lake I sunk my MK3 . Make sure the seals on the ramp doors are good front and rear as thats were mine let most of its water in .

Luckily nobody was around to laugh so shut it down and swam to side . Fcking cold my nuts were like walnuts. worst still I had to go back in to hook the chain up pulled it out with a 432. Checked all fluids and it started right up .

There are more than just the swivell balls that are Land Rover parts. The tailgate seal on our MK 2A Supacat is a Land Rover (LR) part. The tailagte latches are LR, the horn is LR, the tie rod ends are LR and it goes on.

Phil, my mate hasnt phoned me back yet about manuals on CD rom. I will ty alternate means getting hold of him.

We have quite a few spares in quantities we will never use, sadly the economics of sending them to the UK are similar to coals to Newcastle. . .

Extreme, I'm speechless.

R

Be carefull taking it in the lake I sunk my MK3 . Make sure the seals on the ramp doors are good front and rear as thats were mine let most of its water in .

Luckily nobody was around to laugh so shut it down and swam to side . Fcking cold my nuts were like walnuts. worst still I had to go back in to hook the chain up pulled it out with a 432. Checked all fluids and it started right up .

that would have made a great youtube video, I am sure most of us would have watched it, a few times :D

• 2 weeks later...

I Have had a few issues with the gearbox but i hope this afternoon to have cured it. Had to plug it into a diagnostic system and clear down some faults. I cant believe that the MOD had somthing like this with a ~~~~ computor! Will keep you posted.

Unfortunately this is the way they are going, as vehicles become more and more advanced and emission friendly.

I was helping with the evaluation and acceptance of some bucher duro trucks into the army. You plugged them in to p.c. To check faults etc, ( good for the mechanic's ) but there was a design fault, with the master switch. :blush:

When you turned off the ignition you had to wait minimum of 30 seconds before turning off master switch, but they are situated right near the driver so no matter how often we tried to educate, it was just easy for the driver to turn off ign, then straight away turn off master, before jumping out. This caused faults with the e.c.u., and after a certain amount of times it rendered the e.c.u for the bin. :red:

We have a mk3 supacat, ready for rebuild, with some of the sensors broken on the gearbox, so will have to renew them then probably have it plugged in to be checked!

Where did you have it done? At a v.w. Garage or an independant?

:nut:

Shaun