Dig for victory

private mw

this weather has caused one good thing a spirit of the 1940.s where we live big housing estate people have come out of there houses and dug the deep snow together clearing drives and roads people from round the corner and neighbours weve never met all got stuck in. its bought the community closer together fetching milk and bread for people without 4x4 s ,:-)

We all tend to think the world is full of horrid people but actually it really is full of nice people.

It's a great feeling when people come together. I had a laugh the other day with a guy who I helped out of the hedge....after I was coming towards him whilst doing a 360' in the snow :sweat:

It is stupid things that help. Tom and I readjusted a windscren wiper for a neighbour. Citreon wanted £75 for him to bring it to the gagarge so they could look at it, Then a minimum of £75, plus parts to fix it! All for five minutes work! I'm in the wrong buissnes.

It is stupid things that help. Tom and I readjusted a windscren wiper for a neighbour. Citreon wanted £75 for him to bring it to the gagarge so they could look at it, Then a minimum of £75, plus parts to fix it! All for five minutes work! I'm in the wrong buissnes.

Cars have been a milkcow for decades, wether for taxes or nowadays for service in a garage.

Lets be honest, modern cars are made difficult to service yourself, probably to "force" you to go to a garage...

They sell cars cheapish but make up for maintanance, service and repairs.

Yeah well they won't get that one! :-D My Volvo sat under snow for a week, then kicked over and started first time. I'm still going to use the Discovery though till there is a marked improvment. Cold freezing fog all day. Feels colder than any day last week! :shake: