Models Austin K2 NFS

I'm working on an Austin K2 Auxilery Towing Vehicle from de English Natinal Fire Service. Several of these vehicles were used afther the war in Holland. They were called in Dutch "Bellewagen".The first will be a "Bellewagen" in use in the Hague by the English troops. The other one will be the version as it was used by the fire department of Pijnacker.

The model is bases on an Bedford type O from ADP / Artmaster.

Jeroen

100_0793.jpg

100_2639.jpg

100_2802.jpg

100_2960.jpg

100_2964.jpg

100_2965.jpg

I'm working on an Austin K2 Auxilery Towing Vehicle from de English Natinal Fire Service. Several of these vehicles were used afther the war in Holland. They were called in Dutch "Bellewagen".The first will be a "Bellewagen" in use in the Hague by the English troops. The other one will be the version as it was used by the fire department of Pijnacker.

The model is bases on an Bedford type O from ADP / Artmaster.

Jeroen

I thought the "Bellewagen" referred to the K2 ambulances supplied after/during the war. I had no idea that the fire tenders were also called that.

No, the Bellewagen was always the Fire Tender. It was called afther the bell on top of the cabine. I knom that some Fire Tenders were rebuild as ambulances, besides the Austin K2 ambulance. I just read that afther the war 250 vehicles were bought by the Dutch Goverment, 124 of these vehicles were Bellewagens. In the next three years there were another 28 Bellewagens bought for the Fire Departments. Some of the Bellewagens were rebuilt as bus, lorry or ambulance. There is a list of al Bellewagens in the Netherlands, but it is not compleet. Some fire enthousiast made a compleet study about this type of fire tender.

Jeroen

Edited by Jeroen van der Ven

• 2 months later...

The "Bellewagen" is finished. The grey one drove in the summer of '45 in The Hague. I'm not sure if it is exectly like the original, but there was one with NSF markings and dutch licence plate.

The other one is from the fire brigade Pijnacker. I had no pictures from the back, probelly I have to chence it some time.

I'm planning to make for both vehicles a trailer pump, but that wil also take some time.

Jeroen

foto10.jpg

foto11.jpg

foto20.jpg

foto21.jpg

foto31.jpg