fuel pump help needed.

paulob1

My russian trucks all use the proverbial mechanical lift pumps, I need them to be repaired, there are kits available and new pumps but they are made in china and literally after a few weeks use fall apart...totally useless...I can get Russian ones, the best, but they take an age and cost a lot of money to get to the UK...

the old russian ones have been on these trucks for 30 plus years and are all the rubber parts are failing but mechanically they are excellent...does anyone know someone who could repair about 20 or 30 of them for me...and do this on a regular basis as we upgrade them all...I need 10 doing, a friend needs well over 20 plus, and there are loads more to do...not going to make anyone rich but it will be a regular stream of business...

My russian trucks all use the proverbial mechanical lift pumps, I need them to be repaired, there are kits available and new pumps but they are made in china and literally after a few weeks use fall apart...totally useless...I can get Russian ones, the best, but they take an age and cost a lot of money to get to the UK...

the old russian ones have been on these trucks for 30 plus years and are all the rubber parts are failing but mechanically they are excellent...does anyone know someone who could repair about 20 or 30 of them for me...and do this on a regular basis as we upgrade them all...I need 10 doing, a friend needs well over 20 plus, and there are loads more to do...not going to make anyone rich but it will be a regular stream of business...

Why not just ditch them and fit electric pumps, sounds like your drops could do with one as well !

Why not just ditch them and fit electric pumps, sounds like your drops could do with one as well !

I was considering electric but these fuel lift pumps have worked for many years and are generally reliable when made properly...they are also highly resilient to rubbish in the fuel, UNLIKE electric pumps which will fail if they get any crap in there, they will also struggle when soaked in water and the location of the tank means they will get soaked in water so it is not the simplest of conversions.....

What do you mean by repair them?

Rebuild them with a rebuild kit, or actually repair broken parts?

What have you done about rebuild kits? Going to fork out for the russian kits, or pattern ones, or you wanting someone to make them?

Put some pictures up of them, (i can do them if you want to bring them to belgium) :D