Was my FFR ever fitted with radio kit?

Bilbo42

UNCivilianPolice.jpg

When I grabbed this pic . it stated UN Civilian Police , you can see - as many DIY mounts as there are blue beacons !

You'll have noticed the kangaroos on the bonnet. I'd bet a month's wages this vehicle was with AustCivPol (Australian civilian Police) in Nicosia with UNFICYP.

Just a note. The radio frame needed for this mounting frame is the GS carrier and adaptor. That is the frame used with the bergen as well as 351/52. Lots of Clansman Para. lightweight frames about at mo. (5999-99-620-8027). Will not fit. Just may save you a few pennies.

Andy.

You'll have noticed the kangaroos on the bonnet. I'd bet a month's wages this vehicle was with AustCivPol (Australian civilian Police) in Nicosia with UNFICYP.

=======================

I had wondered about the kangaroo - some Lightweights(British) were taken to Nambia by US Transport and were used by the Finns. A photo was posted here last week of one being unloaded , other British vehicles were white but this L'wt was still NATO/black. I had wondered if the Finns had handed over to the Australians - but as you say Cyprus sounds more like it..

Edited by ruxy
spelling