432 electric issue

Being the numpty I am I have removed the leads from the engine to clean them up and now have a problem

They are not labeled...I know :red:

The two that go to the generator front and rear...can they cause a problem if put on the wrong way round?

All of a sudden my batts have gone lifeless so Ime assuming they are the wrong way round...any help greatly appreciated

paul, the alternator leads dont matter which way round they go.

the 5 power leads do

theonly way to tell them apart if they are not marked is to use a multimeter or trial and error ,the 3 AC lead will have no power until engine is ran but the DC - and + will read voltage from battery.

sounds like you have AC and DC leads mixed up if engine wont turn over

iain

paul, the alternator leads dont matter which way round they go.

the 5 power leads do

theonly way to tell them apart if they are not marked is to use a multimeter or trial and error ,the 3 AC lead will have no power until engine is ran but the DC - and + will read voltage from battery.

sounds like you have AC and DC leads mixed up if engine wont turn over

iain

i agree. one will be permanent Negative and one will be Permanent Live (this is with isolator on) these two go to the + and - on the engine then the other 3 are DC and dosent matter which order from 1-3 they go. if you get it wrong then normaly something obvious will happen like when you turn the isolator on, the starter motor will turn and engine will fire, dont pannic though just turn the isolator off. also agree that the alternator leads can go either way round, normaly if an alternator box packs up for the engine you can switch these so the radio isnt charged but your back to normal on the engine. services is fool proof and fuel should be marked but again simple. :)