At last

Spood

Should Spood be banned from HMVF - the reason? Spending a week in Normandy  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Should Spood be banned from HMVF - the reason? Spending a week in Normandy

• Yes, rip his passport up!
    • Give spood a break - he has earnt it!
    • Ban him anyway as he IS a Jeep driver.

I feel terrible but it is my sad duty :cry: to inform you all that as from tomorrow I will be in Normandy for one whole week :banana: I will of course be thinking of you all as I relax with (probably) several glasses of whatever takes my fancy at the time :beer:, and, should I suffer a pang of guilt, that I am here, and you are all slaving away to pay your bills I shall put on a brave face ------ and carry on regardless :wink:

I believe myself and Mrs Spood are concentrating on the British sector this year, cant wait.

See you soon.

Thanks for the vote of support Berni. :tup: A poll eh, do I detect a smidge of envy here, if so :pfrt: :wink:. Only a couple of hours before we leave now so I shall bid you a fond farewell and if you're lucky I may allude to my jaunt on my return.

Happy posting while I am away. :wave:

Don

Well I'm back, had a superb time, weather was great and made a couple of interesting finds, more to follow, that is of course if I'm not banned :wink: I also refuse to appologise for being a Jeep owner :pfrt:

Well I'm back, had a superb time, weather was great and made a couple of interesting finds, more to follow, that is of course if I'm not banned :wink: I also refuse to appologise for being a Jeep owner :pfrt:

Now, that has made me laugh! :-D

....anyway, we are off to Upottery airfield :-D

I thought I would ease myself back into real life this week but have hardly had time to breathe, just had time to get a few photos over this evening but still things to do, places to go and people to see. No rest for the wicked as they say :-(

Still here's a couple of snaps I'm quite pleased with.

width=640 height=480http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Twadj/2006_0921France20060025.jpg[/img]

And another which you could call commandos eye view

width=640 height=480http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Twadj/2006_0921France20060028.jpg[/img]

I hope these come out ok.

While at the Pegasus museum I found in a corner something I missed in the crowds of 2004, a small display about HMS Arethusa. Only a couple of pictures but the interesting thing was the photocopy of the ships log for 6th June listing her actions on the day. I think I mentioned in another thread that my dad was on the Arethusa at the time, so I now have a very good idea of what he was doing that day, quite a moment when Mrs Spood and myself stood and read it, certainly brings a lump to the throat.

I will attempt more over the next couple of days.