Landrover weight

chevpol

Ok folks,

my over active brain has come up with a thought, how much does the chassis and rear tub of a 109" weigh?

Had a thought whilst driving my bus yeaterday( got to do summat to relieve the bordom!!!), buy a 109" mot failure, take everything from the front to the rear tub out (engine,gearbox, front axle, seats bulkhead etc) and turn the rest into a trailer, and kit the back out with the full complement of radios to display with the 9x9 command tent.

What does the collective brain think?

I await your responces with anticipation!!!! :-D

TTFN

Mark

Ok folks,

my over active brain has come up with a thought, how much does the chassis and rear tub of a 109" weigh?

Had a thought whilst driving my bus yeaterday( got to do summat to relieve the bordom!!!), buy a 109" mot failure, take everything from the front to the rear tub out (engine,gearbox, front axle, seats bulkhead etc) and turn the rest into a trailer, and kit the back out with the full complement of radios to display with the 9x9 command tent.

They did it with Minis, so I suppose that it could work. You would probably have to contact a specilaist to see what problems (engineering AND bureaucracy !) that you could encounter.

Ok folks,

TTFN

Mark

You are not allowed under current regulations to build trailers out of "Car" parts. The brakes do not meet current standards for trailers. If you do this, legally, you will have to ditch the back plates and fit proper trailer brake parts.

You are not allowed under current regulations to build trailers out of "Car" parts. The brakes do not meet current standards for trailers. If you do this, legally, you will have to ditch the back plates and fit proper trailer brake parts.

ok Mike, thank you, I thought it would be to easy!!!!

Could you mount the tub on a trailer chassis tho?

Mark

Thinking of the nose weight, you may be better off with a short wheel base tub. Mike, surley if the brackes on a vehicle based trailer are rugged to work on a push bar overide, they'd be no difrent from a trailer hub?

Sorry just ocured to me, the main part of a vehicle back brakes would be hydraulic operated!

What about picking up an old used caravan.... Compliant brakes, lightwieght galvanised chassis, and cheap as long as you find one with a rotten body.

Use that to then modify and mount your LWB rear tub on. I do like the idea. A practical solution to wanting to demonstrate the 9x9 tent with a landy on the back, but also wanting to display the landy its self.....